Keeping your bathroom clean is the right way to maintain its aesthetics because the bathroom is not something that you can put off cleaning for a long time. Your bathroom will start losing its cleanliness and freshness if you do not clean it regularly. Maintaining bathroom cleanliness doesn’t have to be tedious if you know which is the best shower cleaner to use. Though you may still clean your bathroom without such products, the results will not be very satisfactory. So, this article talks about the different variants of shower cleaning products that help you keep your bathroom fresh, smelling great, and shining like new.
What to Look For In Shower Cleaners?
You should consider the following points before buying a professional shower cleaner.
Shower cleaners often have a strong odor because they contain ammonia, bleach, or several other chemicals. When harsh chemicals react with the dirt in the bathroom, they give off a strong odor. If none of these chemicals appeal to your sense of smell, opt for a shower cleaner with a mild scent. And, whatever shower cleaner you use, ensure that you have proper ventilation in your bathroom.
Cleaning action on various surfaces
You can buy an all-in-one shower cleaner that is good for cleaning multiple surfaces in the bathroom. An all-purpose shower cleaner can clean multiple surfaces, such as tiles, glass, faucets, bathtubs, and sinks. But they may not come at a cheap price. However, if you want to keep your bathroom looking new and fresh always, then investing some money in an all-in-one shower cleaner would be wise.
The amount of a shower cleaner refers to how much area it can clean in one application. This may vary by how powerful the shower cleaner is. Anyway, you can calculate the amount needed even the cost per fluid ounce based on the specifications listed on the package, and always look for products that boast that can be used multiple times to save time and effort on your part.
Easy to use
Look for products that feature simple instructions, as well as ones that come pre-mixed so you don’t have to worry about measuring and mixing ingredients. Additionally, look for products designed with a spray bottle or trigger applicator that make application quick and easy.
Best Shower Cleaner Recommendations
Here is the list of the best shower cleaner for your bathroom. These products below will never fail to make your bathroom shine like new.
1. Ajax Professional Bathroom Disinfectant Cleaner
As the name suggests, this product is a bathroom cleaner with disinfectant properties. Therefore, you do not have to worry about bacteria and viruses while cleaning your bathroom. You can check this out as the best no scrub shower cleaner. You can get this cleaner for close to $6.
- It is an all-in-one cleaner for glass, faucets, plastic, ceramic and glazed tile, stainless steel, shower, basin, toilet surfaces, rust stains, and bathtubs.
- It has an inverted foam trigger which helps in reaching hard-to-reach places.
- It removes germs, mild limescale, and scum easily.
- You can use this shower cleaner spray and walk away for 5 to 10 minutes. Clean the surfaces afterward.
- It contains a bleaching agent which gives strong fumes. These fumes can irritate your throat or breathing.
2. Drano Bathroom Max Gel Drain Cleaner
When cleaning your bathroom, don’t forget the drains. Because the bathroom drains are responsible for carrying the bathroom waste to the sewage. If the drain gets clogged, it won’t take long for your bathroom to get dirty. Use Drano Bathroom Max Gel Drain Cleaner to clean the drains without hassle. A 770 ml bottle of this cleaner is available for $13 to $17.
- It is safe to use with all types of piping materials.
- It is odorless and does not give off harmful fumes.
- Best for unclogging drain which has stuck due to hairs.
- It starts working within 5 minutes of application.
- May not work for heavily clogged drains requiring professional plumbing services.
3. Selleys Rapid Mould Killer
Mold is a type of fungus that thrives in warm and moist places. If your bathroom stays wet and warm, it can grow mold. It starts as a white mildew and then gradually turns into a colored mold. The bathroom is not the right place for this fungus as it can give you allergies and respiratory problems. If you want the best shower cleaner for mold and mildew, try Selleys Rapid Mold Killer. The product’s worth is $8.
- Removes mold and mildew and disinfects surfaces.
- Works with most surfaces, such as tiles and grout.
- It is free of chlorine and bleach.
- If not cleaned properly, it can cause rusting of taps and spigots.
- May cause severe irritation to skin and eyes.
- May release harmful gases when mixed with other gases.
4. Harpic White & Shine Bleach Gel Toilet Cleaner
Whatever shower cleaner you use, you will not get optimal cleaning for your toilet. The toilet seat must be clean and stain-free. Only a specialized cleaner cleans it, like Harpic White and Shine Bleach Gel Toilet Cleaner. You need to spend around $4 only to buy this product.
- It is a hospital-grade disinfectant with a citrus odor.
- It gives a glossy shine to your toilet seat.
- It comes in the form of a thick gel that clings well to the surface, which is why it has the best cleaning action.
- It needs proper handling as it contains bleach.
- It may need frequent use for stubborn stains.
Keeping your bathroom clean with shower cleaner is well worth your time. No one likes a dirty shower room, grime on the bathroom floor, stained glass screens, etc. Pantry shops near you are full of shower cleaners, but only the best shower cleaner will save you time and money. Please consider the products listed elsewhere in this article above. These products are highly rated by customers who have bought them. So, it is likely that they will clean your bathroom thoroughly.
FAQ about the Best Shower Cleaner
First, don’t use vinegar with marble floors and tiles. Applying vinegar to marble floors and tiles leaves their surface etched. As a result, they become porous as their protective layer becomes rough.
In addition, it’s not wise to use it to clean hardwood floors. If a non-diluted version of the ingredient is used on wood, it can strip away the protective layer that ultimately gives wood its beautiful luster.
And, people also should avoid using it on waxed furniture or floors because the vinegar’s acidity will melt the wax, leaving behind an undesired texture or appearance.
When it comes to cleaning, both bleach and vinegar can be very useful. However, depending on the type of surface and stain, each offers a unique set of advantages.
Bleach is highly effective in disinfecting surfaces like bathroom tiles or countertops that may have been exposed to harmful bacteria or other germs. Vinegar, on the other hand, is the best homemade shower cleaner, especially when used with soda. This is an excellent multi-purpose cleaner as well as an inexpensive option for basic cleaning tasks like windows or glass shower screen surfaces.
In conclusion, both have their strengths but often times a combination of the two can offer up the best solution when tackling your cleaning needs.
It’s a good idea to clean your shower after every shower. However, complete cleaning is not possible after every bath, but still consider wiping down shower glass, tiles, faucets, and bathtubs.
Also, mop the bathroom floor to keep it dry. We recommend cleaning your bathroom and toilet once a week to avoid hard water stains, soap scum, mold, and mildew. And check drain pipes regularly and look for any blockages.