A laminated bathroom vanity is a common choice for many people. However, sooner or later, you will have to think about repairing laminate bathroom vanity. Sometimes the damage is so severe that you cannot do without replacing it. While in some situations, repairing laminate bathroom vanity will do wonders for the next few years.
If you want to know when and how to repair laminate bathroom vanity read this article till the end. We will help you know in which cases it becomes necessary to repair laminate bathroom vanity. Moreover, you will also get to learn easy methods about how to repair laminate bathroom vanity on your own.
When To Repair Laminate Bathroom Vanity?
Before learning how to repair laminate bathroom vanity, it is crucial to know when to opt for this option. Do not go for repairing laminate bathroom vanity when the damage is enormous. In such situations, you will only be wasting your time and resources. However, in the following circumstances, you should choose to repair laminate bathroom vanity:
· Repair laminate bathroom vanity when minor cracks appear.
· Repair laminate bathroom vanity when it starts to peel off.
· Vanity becomes swollen due to water spillage or moisture.
· Repair laminate bathroom vanity when it gets dents.
· Repair laminate bathroom vanity when the sides get deformed.
Depending on the damage and budget, decide whether you want to replace or repair laminate bathroom vanity. However, in the occurrence of these mentioned situations, people usually repair bathroom vanity. If you want to know how to repair laminate bathroom vanity, first determine the type of damage. Then you can start repairing laminate bathroom vanity.
How To Repair Laminate Bathroom Vanity?
The most damage occurs on the outer part or sides of the vanity due to constant exposure to moisture. Many people want to learn how to replace side of bathroom vanity. However, bathroom vanity repairing is not so difficult. You have to identify the damaged area and then use tools to repair it. Let’s see how to repair laminate bathroom vanity on your own.
Repairing Water Damaged Bathroom Cabinet
This section will tell you about how to repair water damaged bathroom cabinet. Due to continuous leakage or spillage of water, even laminated bathroom cabinets get damaged. You can quickly repair bathroom vanity by following a few steps. Here is how to repair water damaged bathroom cabinet:
· First things first, dry the cabinet. It is an essential step when repairing laminate bathroom vanity.
· Now disassemble the cabinets for repairing laminate bathroom vanity.
· Put primer across the surface. Then get plastic wood filler and apply it on the bumpy surface to repair vanity cabinet.
· Sand the water-damaged cabinet; it will treat the bubbling area. It will help to even the surface and repair bathroom vanity.
· Paint the cabinet, let it dry, and do a second coating by using a paintbrush.
This is how to repair a laminate bathroom vanity by following easy five steps.
Repairing Peeled Bathroom Vanity
Due to humidity in the bathroom, the front laminated part starts to come off. Then you have to repair laminate bathroom vanity. Bathroom vanity peeling happens when the vanity gets old. However, you can re-glue it by following easy steps on how to repair laminate bathroom vanity:
· Unscrew the cabinet doors
· Start peeling off the laminate surface by using sandpaper
· Apply a thin layer of contact cement behind the shiny surface for properly repairing laminate bathroom vanity.
· Press the laminated surface against the glued area for perfectly repairing laminate bathroom vanity.
· Let the adhesive dry and then screw the doors.
Bathroom vanity peeling can easily be re-glued, and you are done repairing laminate bathroom vanity.
Repairing Swollen MDF
Like other wood, MDF is also not immune from swelling. However, you can conveniently learn how to repair swollen MDF from this section:
· Firstly, you have to sand the swollen area of MDF.
· Prepare mastic glue to apply it. Leave it over-night to dry.
· The next day, fill the pits with wood filler.
· Then just paint it and let it dry.
To repair swollen MDF, you should analyze the damaged area first.
Repairing Water-Damaged Particle Board
Many people want to know how to repair water damaged particle board cabinets. We will simplify your problem and guide you through an easy-to-follow process of repairing vanity cabinet:
· Use sandpaper to level the surface while you repair vanity cabinet.
· Now cut-off the damaged/swollen area.
· Use a vacuum cleaner to remove all the dust
· Use wood filler to fill the holes
· Do the sanding again to smooth the surface
· Apply the paint in two coats, and you are done repairing particleboard.
No matter how much the damage is, sanding is an integral part of repairing laminate bathroom vanity.
How To Protect Bathroom Vanity From Water Damage-Tips
Repairing laminate bathroom vanity can be time-taking, depending on the damage. However, by following the below tips, you can protect bathroom vanity from water damage:
· Try using water-proof paints
· Get your bathroom vanity laminated.
· Vanity should not be close to the bathroom cabin.
· Have a proper ventilation system in the washroom.
· Look for leakages in the vanity after every month.
This article provided a guide on how to repair laminate bathroom vanity, especially if it gets water-damaged. Repairing bathroom vanity is not time-taking, nor is it expensive. Just give it two days, and it will be useful to function again.
FAQs About Repairing Laminate Bathroom Vanity
If there is peeling, minor defects like little cracks or scratches, you can repair laminated bathroom vanity. You can fill the gaps with contact cement and glue the peeling bathroom vanity.
MDF cabinets also get swollen, and if the whole board is bulging, you have to replace it. However, if some portion of it is damaged, you can sand it and put wood filler.