How To Clean Wax Out Of Candle Jars
Candles are a great way to create a relaxing atmosphere in your bathroom, but what do you do with the glass candle jars once the candle has burned out? Instead of throwing them away, you can clean and reuse them! In this article, we’ll go over three methods for how to clean out wax from a candle jar, as well as ideas for how to repurpose your jars in your bathroom.
How To Clean Out A Candle Jar? Method 1: The Hot Water Method
How to clean out wax from a candle jar? Are you tired of struggling to remove wax residue from your jars after burning candles? Luckily, there’s an easy solution – the hot water method.
- Step 1: Boil water in a pot and pour it into the glass candle jar, making sure to cover the remaining wax.
- Step 2: Let the jar sit until the wax has melted and floated to the surface.
- Step 3: Use a butter knife or spoon to remove the wax.
- Step 4: Finally, please wash the jar with soap and water.
How To Clean Out A Candle Jar? Method 2: The Double Boiler Method
Meanwhile if you prefer a more controlled method for melting wax, the double boiler method might be perfect for you. By using indirect heat, you can melt the wax without exposing it to direct flame or high temperatures. Here’s how to do it.
- Step 1: Fill a pot with water and place a glass bowl on top.
- Step 2: Put the jar in the bowl and turn on the heat.
- Step 3: Once the wax has melted, use a butter knife or spoon to remove it.
- Step 4: Wash the jar with soap and water.
How To Clean Out A Candle Jar? Method 3: The Hair Dyer Method
Have you ever thought about using your hair dryer for something other than drying your hair? The hair dryer method is a quick and easy way to remove wax from a jar without any mess or fuss. All you need is a hair dryer and a few minutes of your time, and you can solve the problem of how to clean out wax from a candle jar finally.
The firt step you need to take is using a hair dryer on high heat to melt the wax. Then, use a paper towel or napkin to wipe away the melted wax. Last, wash the jar with soap and water.
How To Clean Out A Candle Jar? Method 4: Freezing Method
This method involves freezing the remaining wax to make it easier to remove from the jar.
This is a extremely simply way. Firstly, you need to place the candle jar in the freezer for a few hours or overnight. Then next, once the wax is frozen, use a butter knife or spoon to remove it. Finally, wash the jar with soap and water. All done!
How To Reuse Candle Jars In Your Bathroom
- Use them for storage for cotton balls or Q-tips.
- Use them as holders for toothbrushes or razors.
- Use them as organizers for makeup brushes or hair accessories.
- Use them as planters for succulents or herbs.
- Use them as vases for fresh flowers.
By following these methods, you can easily clean wax out of glass candle jars and repurpose them in creative ways in your bathroom. However, please take in mind, don’t let those beautiful scented candle jars go to waste!
Q: Can you pour melted candle wax down the drain?
A: No, pouring melted candle wax down the drain can cause clogs. Instead, let the wax solidify and then throw it in the trash.
Q: Is it safe to reuse glass candle jars for new candles?
A: Yes, as long as you clean the jar thoroughly and make sure there are no remaining wicks or wax.
Q: Does vinegar dissolve candle wax?
A: Vinegar can help dissolve wax, but it’s not as effective as other methods like hot water or a hair dryer.