The copper tap refers to the tap made of metal copper as the main material. At present, the copper tap on the market is mainly brass tap. So how about copper taps? What are the advantages and disadvantages of copper taps?
How about the brass tap?
Copper is one of the indispensable trace elements in the human body. It is an important part of enzymes and protein, which can promote the body’s metabolism and increase the body’s functions. Copper can also effectively inhibit the growth of bacteria and microorganisms and keep the water clean and hygienic. Copper taps are also very impermeable. No matter it is dust, grease, bacteria, or viruses, they cannot pass through the copper tap to pollute the water. Therefore, the use of copper taps has a positive effect on human health.
Although copper is very beneficial to the human body, if the intake of copper exceeds the standard, it can easily cause poisoning.
Advantages of copper tap
1. Copper has good corrosion resistance.
2. Copper tap has many advantages, such as beautiful and durable, easy to install, safe and fireproof, healthy, and so on. Compared with the galvanized steel tap and plastic tap, the copper tap has an obvious superior price-performance ratio.
3. Copper ion has strong disinfection and sterilization effect, which can prevent the epidemic of some common livestock diseases. Copper is an indispensable micronutrient for humans, which has an important impact on the development and function of blood, central nervous system, immune system, hair, skin and bone tissue, brain, liver, heart, and other viscera.
Disadvantages of copper tap
1. Too much copper entering the body can cause poisonings such as nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, acute hemolysis, and renal tubular deformation.
The above content introduces how brass taps are, and the advantages and disadvantages of copper taps. I believe you will have a more comprehensive understanding of copper taps after reading this article.
Is a stainless steel tap better or a brass tap?
Copper taps are divided into non-standard copper, national standard copper, and other copper taps. The best of these is the all-brass tap. Copper taps have two obvious advantages over stainless steel taps:
1. The all-copper tap can kill 99% of the bacteria in the water, which is to ensure that there will be no bacteria breeding inside the copper tap.
2. The characteristics of copper are wear resistance and easy processing. Therefore, the appearance of the copper tap is richer, and there are many beautiful copper taps. And most high-end occasions generally use copper taps.
Stainless steel tap
Stainless steel taps are used more frequently in households than copper taps. The obvious advantages over copper taps are:
1. The stainless steel tap is free from lead problems, is acid-resistant, alkali-resistant, not easy to corrode, and will not pollute the water source.
2. The hardness and toughness of stainless steel taps are more than two times higher than copper, and the surface will not be rusted, deformed, or corroded to cause secondary pollution.