Just like other bathroom fixtures, shower arms require replacement when they age. Some people look for an untimely upgrade and don’t like to wait until their shower arm gets totally worn off. So, if you find yourself in such a situation, then keep reading this article. Whether you want the best shower arm replacement or require an upgrade, then we are here to help you through this wonderful post.
Best Shower Arm Recommendation Based On 5-Star Buyer’s Ratings
Here we are presenting a list of recommended shower arm fixtures based on 5-star buyer’s ratings on various e-commerce platforms.
1. MyHomeWare Square Swivel Shower Arm
The square swivel long shower head arm from MyHomeware has been guaranteed to give you the feeling of a luxury bath at an affordable price. The main attraction of this shower arm is its 180-degree swivel function. This useful function lets you change the shower arm’s direction horizontally for a convenient bath. It is made of 304-grade stainless steel which is considered the best. It comes in a chrome finish and is easy to install.
2. Hansgrohe Citterio M Bath Spout
With a simple and elegant design, this standard short shower arm extension has the potential to impress you. Its chrome finish is smooth enough to prevent stains. It saves water because it involves air in the jet spout. This makes the water flow soft that gives a soothing effect while bathing. It is backed by a 5-year guarantee which makes it a trouble-free purchase.
3. KES 16-Inch Shower Head Extension
Extended shower arm which is highly suitable for large bathrooms where you want more distance between the wall and the shower head. It is made of stainless steel and can work with either 8-inch or 12-inch rain shower heads. The CNC thread machining is also precise and smooth, which prevents skin cuts during installation. It also comes with a flange which makes it even more visually appealing. Its brushed nickel finish prevents corrosion and scratches.
4. Declinko Brass Square Wall Mounted Shower Arm Chrome
With an up-and-down swivel, this shower arm is of great use. With a combination of convenience and eye-catching aesthetics, this fixture is worth your attention. It is a wall-mounted long shower head arm that comes with a chrome finish and a 5-year warranty. Being made entirely of brass promises its high quality.
5. SparkPod Adjustable Shower Arm Extension
It is available in two lengths: 11 inches and 16 inches. You can easily adjust its height and turn it in any direction horizontally and fix the setting with two locks. It comes in a variety of colors with a brushed, oil-rubbed, and matte finish. It is also easy to install, and you don’t need to hire a plumber to fix it.
6. TRUSTMI Gooseneck Shower Arm with Flange
The TRUSTMI product supports a wide range of rain shower heads and includes head sizes of 6/8/10/12 inches. It is made of high-grade stainless steel with a thick shower arm. The adjustable flange with a rubber seal lets the shower arm go deeper inside a wall fitting. It is a recommended shower arm for tall people.
What to Look For In a Shower Arm Before Making a Purchase?
Just looking at a particular product is not enough while purchasing it. One should also assess multiple factors which must support a buyer’s decision to purchase. If you’re going to buy a shower arm, then look for these things before making a purchase.
- Build Quality: You should never compromise the build quality of a shower arm. Always buy a stainless steel shower arm that is resistant to corrosion and limescale build-up. Do not purchase plastic shower arms because they are of no use. Brass ones are also good, but only if they are made of pure brass with zero lead.
- Metal Finish: The shower arms come in a variety of surface finishes like chrome finish, gold-plated, matte-black, brushed nickel finish, etc. These types of smooth finishes prevent wear. Check by touching the surface. If it attracts a lot of fingerprints, avoid it.
- Warranty: Basically, go with shower arms that offer at least 2- years of replacement warranty in case of manufacturing defects.
- Ease of Installation: Don’t buy shower arm models that are unusually hard to install. Buy those models which support a DIY approach. This will not only save you time but also cut the plumber’s fee.
- Size of the Threads: The shower arm you want to purchase should have thread sizes compatible with your bathroom fittings. People often make mistakes by overlooking the thread’s size, but we request you check the thread’s size before making a purchase.
Buying the best shower arm is not an easy task. Because when you have a lot of options, it becomes hard to choose one. So there always remains a risk of making a wrong purchase. But in this post, we have minimized that risk to a great extent. You can check our list for choosing the best shower arm. You don’t need to scan a pile of bathroom fixtures. Just stick to our list to save your time and money.
FAQs About Best Shower Arm
304-grade stainless steel is considered best for shower arms. This grade of stainless steel is corrosion-resistant, durable, and lasts long.
Yes, they are good, and you should install them if required. Because they are adjustable, they are movable in any direction of choice. With the 180-degree swivel, you can adjust its height and change the horizontal direction of the shower head.
We don’t recommend this type of shower arm to anyone because it is not the usual type. Don’t even look at this unless you have a bathroom that is too small to support any pipe-based shower arm and its extensions. Though they can serve as an extended shower arm, they are not durable enough and don’t last long.
It is a small bathroom fixture that can be fitted to the shower arm. Now you can connect a fixed and a handheld shower arm simultaneously. But remember that the water pressure would be low if you operate both concurrently. Choosing the best shower arm diverter is not an easy job because of the large number of available options.